The Denali Commission, in partnership with the Department of Justice, is implementing a Tribal Victims of Crime Micro-Grant Program.
The micro-grants will fund Alaska Native Tribal communities to establish new programs and allow current Tribal victim service providers to fill system gaps, expand existing services, and/or develop new services. All funded programs must provide supports for those who have experienced crimes of any type. Services eligible under this program include the following:
- Planning activities for new programs (needs assessments and strategic plans),
- Awareness campaigns about resources available to victims,
- Direct services to meet victim’s needs,
- Victim advocates,
- Shelter services,
- Training on victims’ rights,
- Culturally appropriate services for crime victims, and/or
- Repair and renovations to existing infrastructure directly related to victim services.
Micro-grantees will have access to the Alaska Micro-Grant Training and Technical Assistance Provider
FUNDING ASSISTANCE FOR TRIBAL VICTIM SERVICES
The Denali Commission is pleased to announce the availability of Tribal Victim Services Program funds to support Tribally driven victim service programs and address the need for improved physical infrastructure to support Tribal Victim Services. The Funding Assistance Request Form and Budget Template (Excel spreadsheet) may be downloaded here.