The Denali Commission, in partnership with the Department of Justice, is implementing a Tribal Victims of Crime Micro-Grant Program.
The micro-grants will fund Alaska Native Tribal communities to establish new programs and allow current Tribal victim service providers to fill system gaps, expand existing services, and/or develop new services. All funded programs must provide supports for those who have experienced crimes of any type. Services eligible under this program include the following:
- Planning activities for new programs (needs assessments and strategic plans),
- Awareness campaigns about resources available to victims,
- Direct services to meet victim’s needs,
- Victim advocates,
- Shelter services,
- Training on victims’ rights,
- Culturally appropriate services for crime victims, and/or
- Repair and renovations to existing infrastructure directly related to victim services.
Micro-grantees will have access to the Alaska Micro-Grant Training and Technical Assistance Provider